17 Sep Roasted Apricot Maple Ice Cream Recipe
The perfect hybrid between a peach and a plum turned into delicious ice cream? Yes, please! This roasted apricot ice cream is the best thing since sliced bread. It is flavorful but yet refreshing with the perfect amount of sweetness.
What Makes This The Best Apricot Ice Cream Recipe?
These delightful stone fruits with silky, satin-like golden orange peel are roasted to perfection just until they are caramelized then blended into a smooth puree.
Roasting the apricots at a high temperature intensifies the fruit’s natural sugars, hence creating a more flavorful ice cream.
How To Make Roasted Apricot Maple Ice Cream
If you are looking for an eggless apricot ice cream recipe, this apricot ice cream recipe is perfect for you. Rather than using eggs, apricots with a pinch of brown sugar and fresh lemon juice are roasted and processed into a smooth golden puree.
This roasted apricot puree is then combined with maple-infused cream and apricot extract and churned into refreshingly delicious ice cream.
Roasted Apricot Maple Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 lb apricots
- 6 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup half and half
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp apricot extract
- Program your oven to 375°F.
- Cut the apricots into half, remove the pit, and cut each half into 4.
- Place the sliced apricots onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet and grease a sheet pan or line with parchment paper.
- Add the lemon juice, sprinkle three tablespoons of brown sugar.
- Bake the apricots for15-20 minutes until the apricots juices are released, and the apricots are slightly caramelized.
- Allow the apricots tocool before placing them into a blender and processing it into a puree.
- Place the remaining brown sugar, maple syrup, heavy cream, half and half, and sea salt into a saucepot over a medium-low flame.
- Stir the cream mixture and scald it for 5-7 minutes until the sugar crystals have dissolved and bubbles form around the perimeter of the cream.
- Remove the cream mixturefrom the heat and pour it into a bowl. Stir in the pureed apricot and apricotextract and cover it with plastic wrap.
- Chill the apricot ice cream base in the fridge for 4-6 hours or overnight, then churn the ice cream in an ice cream machine according to the manufacturers.
- Transfer the apricot ice cream to a freezer-safe container and freeze it for 4-6 hours before scooping.
- You do not have to roast the apricots. You can also add the apricots to a pot along with the brown sugar and lemon juice and cook them for 10-12 minutes until they have softened.