23 Jul Oatmeal Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe
Ice cream sandwiches are the best dessert or snack! You don’t have to pull out a plate or utensils to eat it! These ice cream sandwiches are made with freshly baked oatmeal cookies and are rolled in an almond brown sugar crumble for added texture.
How Do You Make Oatmeal Cookies From Scratch?
Making oatmeal cookies from scratch is super easy. In a stand mixer or using a handheld mixer, cream softened butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until it’s light and fluffy. Next, add the large eggs and vanilla extract and mix just until it is combined.
Whisk the flour and spices together, then add it to the oatmeal cookie batter. Fold in the raisins and oats and scoop the oatmeal cookie batter onto the prepared cookie sheet. Bake the oatmeal cookies until they are lightly golden and let them cool.
Can I Use Old-Fashioned Oats Instead Of Quick Oats?
Although old-fashioned oats provide pastries with texture, they take a longer time to cook. For this reason, a lot of recipes use quick oats.
Quick cook oats go through are processed more than old-fashioned oats. Thus they cook in no time at all. You can use quick oats or old-fashioned oats in your oatmeal cookies.
Oatmeal Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe
- Cookie sheets
- Cookie dough scoop
- Parchment paper
- Stand mixed
- Mixing bowls
For the oatmeal cookies
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp orange zest
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 large eggs
For the almond sugar crumble
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup sliced almonds
For the ice cream sandwiches
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream, softened
- Program your oven to 350°F.
- Whisk the almond flour, brown sugar, and sea salt in a small bowl, then stir in the melted butter and almond extract until it is combined. Stir in the almonds and useyour fingers to rub the butter into the almond flour until it resembles crumbs.
- Spread the almond brown sugar crumble onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake it for 10 minutes. Stir the crumble and bake it another 5-10 minutes until the almond brown sugar crumble is evenly browned.
- Cream the softened butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer for 2-3 minutes until it's light and fluffy. Next, add the large eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla extract and beat until it is incorporated.
- Whisk the all-purpose flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and nutmeg in a bowl, then add it 1cup at a time to the butter eggs mixture. Fold in the oats and raisins just until combined.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of the oatmeal cookie batter onto a parchment-lined and bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges are lightly golden.
- Let the oatmeal cookies cool for 2 minutes on the cookie sheet, then place them onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To assemble the oatmeal cookie ice cream sandwiches, spread the softened vanilla ice cream onto the bottom of one oatmeal cookie. Place the second oatmeal cookie on top and roll it into the almond brown sugar crumble cookie.
- Wrap the cookies withplastic wrap and place them into an airtight container, and freeze them for 1-2 hours until they are firm.
- These are chewy oatmeal cookies; if you prefer crunchy oatmeal cookies, increase the granulated sugar to 1 cup and decrease the brown sugar to 1/2 cup.