14 May No-Churn Keto Ice Cream Recipe
Just because you are on a diet doesn’t mean you can’t eat ice cream. This no-churn keto ice cream is extremely healthy and delicious!
Is Ice Cream Keto Friendly?
Unfortunately, keto-friendly ice creams seem to be a rarity in an aisle filled with dozens of different flavors of ice creams. While there a couple of keto-compatible ice creams on the market, you do not know what hidden additives or chemicals may have been added to the ice cream.
For this reason, it’s best to make your keto ice cream from scratch, so you will know exactly the ingredients you are putting into your body. Best of all, you can use this ice cream as a base and add flavorings such as pureed or whole blueberries or your favorite fruit, chocolate, or coffee.
Can I Eat Ice Cream On The Keto Diet?
Of course, you can! This does not mean that you can go to the store and purchase regular ice cream. It would be best if you aired on the side of caution by selecting or making keto ice cream. Luckily you’ve got the perfect keto ice cream recipe to add to your keto arsenal.
Do I Need An Ice Cream maker To Make Keto Ice Cream?
This keto ice cream recipe does not require an ice cream maker. While you can churn this ice cream base if you choose to, there’s no need to. This ice cream is made using whipped heavy cream eliminating the need to churn it in a machine. Note, if you choose to churn the keto ice cream base in an ice cream maker, churn it for no more than 15 minutes.
No-Churn Keto Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 vanilla bean
- 14 oz can full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup monk fruit sweetener
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 tbsp blueberry extract
- Cut the vanilla bean in half, then remove the seeds with the back of the blade.
- Place the coconut milk, vanilla bean and seeds, and sea salt into a sauce pot and heat it over medium-low heat.
- Cook the coconut milk mixture for 10-15 minutes, stirring every so often until it is fragrant.
- Whisk the chia seeds into the coconut milk mixture until it is combined, then remove the infused coconut milk from the stove and pour it into a bowl.
- Place the coconut mixture into the fridge to chill for 2-4 hours.
- Place the heavy cream into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whip attachment and beat it for2-3 minutes until stiff peaks form.
- Add the blueberry extract and the cooled coconut milk mixture and whip for another minute.
- Place the keto into an airtight freezer-safe container and freeze for 4-6 hours.
- To serve, allow the keto ice cream to sit on the countertop for 5-10 minutes, then scoop it into your serving dish and top with fresh blueberries.
- You can fold a cup of fresh blueberries into the keto ice cream before transferring it into a freezer-safe container for more blueberry flavor.