07 Jan Avocado Mint Ice Cream Recipe
Avocado ice cream seemed like a far-fetched idea until now. This avocado mint ice cream is rich and delicious. Thanks to the pliable texture and healthy fats in avocadoes, this ice cream is smooth and filled with flavor.
What Does Avocado Ice Cream Taste Like?
Though avocado is the main event of the show, it is not the biggest flavor in this ice cream. Yes, avocado has a mild, fresh, grassy, earthy flavor. However, the avocado’s biggest job is to create the creamy texture of the ice cream.
Lime juice and mint are the dominant flavors in this ice cream, while the avocado’s flavor takes the back seat.
Tips For Making Avocado Mint Ice Cream
If your avocado mint ice cream has a few chunks, there is no need to panic. Chunky avocado can easily be fixed. Pour the avocado mint into a fine-mesh sieve set over a bowl before placing it into the refrigerator.
You can also add pecans or walnuts to give the ice cream some texture.
How To Store Avocado Mint Ice Cream?
Storing homemade ice cream is relatively easy as long as you have an airtight container. Since it is ice cream, this avocado must be stored in the freezer.
Pour your ice cream into an airtight container and place it in the freezer until ready to use. Additionally, if your ice cream machine comes with a portable container, you can store your avocado mint ice cream.
Avocado Mint Ice Cream Recipe
- Ice cream machine
- 2 avocados halved, seeded, peeled
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp mint extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Add the avocados and condensed milk to a blender and blend them into a paste.
- Place the avocado condensed milk into a bowl and stir in the lime juice, lime zest, mint extract, vanilla extract, and heavy cream.
- Cover the avocado mint ice cream base and chill it for 6 hours or overnight.
- Churn the avocado mint ice cream in an ice cream machine according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Pour the avocado mint ice cream into a freezer-safe container and freeze it for 4-6 hours.
- Use overripe avocados to make this ice cream.