19 Apr Almond Milk Ice Cream Recipe
If you lead a vegan lifestyle, are trying to reduce your dairy consumption, or are looking for a new ice cream recipe to test out, this almond milk ice cream recipe is perfectly delicious.
Non-dairy ice cream is definitely on the rise. Many people are switching to vegan lifestyles because of the health benefits associated with it.
But everybody needs a sweet treat now and again. This homemade almond milk will satisfy all your sweet cravings without consuming too many calories!
Ice Cream With Almond Milk?
I know you’re probably thinking ice cream with almond milk? NO thanks! However, you will never know how delicious this ice cream is unless you try it.
Although almond milk is not as rich and fatty as heavy cream or coconut milk, the method used to make this recipe ensures you get a rich, creamy scoop of almond milk ice cream, and you won’t even miss the heavy cream.
The secret to this almond milk ice cream recipe is using a quality brand of almond milk. It is the difference between smooth and flavorful ice cream and one filled with ice crystals. To get the best almond milk ice cream, ensure you select almond milk with no added water.
Even though this recipe uses no dairy products, it has a rich and creamy texture comparable to that of regular ice cream.
The flavor of this almond milk recipe is sweet and with a subtle hint of cinnamon and maple that enhances the flavor of this ice cream without overpowering it. Best of all, you can add your favorite toppings such as chocolate chips, nuts, or anything else you desire!
Almond Milk Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cups almond milk
- ½ cup almond butter
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp bourbon optional
- Whisk the almond milk, almond butter, maple syrup, sea salt, vanilla bean paste, almond extract, cinnamon in a large bowl. Cover the almond milk ice cream base with plastic wrap and refrigerate the mixture overnight.
- Stir the bourbon into the ice cream base and pour the almond milk ice cream into the insert of an icecream machine and churn according to the manufacturer's directions until it doubles in volume.
- Transfer the almond milk ice cream into an airtight container and press a piece of plastic wrap directly onto the almond milk ice cream's surface before sealing the container. Freeze the almond milk ice cream for 4-6 hours before scooping.
- You omit the bourbon if you do not drink alcohol. It will be equally delicious.
- Avoid using granular sugars. Since this recipe is no-cook, the sugar crystals may not completely dissolve. If you want to omit the maple syrup, opt for honey or agave nectar.