Mango Ice Cream Recipe
Mango and ice cream! It's a deliciously creamy award-winning combination!
- 3 large ripe mangoes chopped
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup full-fat coconut cream
- 2 cups heavy cream chilled
Place the fresh mango chunks into a food processor and blend them into a smooth puree. Pour the pureed mango into a sieve placed over a or nonstick saucepan. Press the liquid out of the mango, then discard the pulp.
Simmer the mango puree on medium-low for 6-10 minutes, frequently stirring until the puree is reduced in half, then set the puree aside to cool completely.
Add the mango puree, sweetened condensed milk, coconut cream, and vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
Place the chilled heavy cream to the bowl of a stand mixer and whip until stiff peaks begin to form. Fold the whipped heavy cream into the mango mixture, then transfer the mango ice cream base into an airtight container and freeze for 4-6 hours until the mango ice cream is set.
- You do not have to strain the mango puree. However, fresh mangoes sometimes have stringy fibers that may affect the texture of your ice cream.
- You can also use 3 cups of frozen mangoes if you do not have access to fresh mangoes.
Serving: 254gCalories: 508kcalCarbohydrates: 57.43gProtein: 4.4gFat: 29.83gSaturated Fat: 19.4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1.1gMonounsaturated Fat: 7.86gCholesterol: 98mgSodium: 94mgPotassium: 460mgFiber: 2.1gSugar: 55.45gVitamin A: 2370IUVitamin C: 47.5mgCalcium: 194mgIron: 0.34mg